Freebies at a writer's conference

Apart from the great food, the great speakers and the stimulating company, one reason why I enjoy going to a writer's conference is to take home sample magazines and writer's guidelines. Occassionaly I've received a free book also.

Last October, organizers gave away free books at the Sandy Cove Writer's Conference I attended. In 25 words or less, we had to explain why we thought we should get a free book. I submitted my entry: "I live with more than 10,000 books and always have room for one more."

They didn't give me a free book.

I'd recommend the conference anyway. Just don't plan on taking home a complimentary book if you go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Still Waiting, by Ann Swindell

Worth. Being. Presence.

Nana Time: Helping out on a shopping day