"Last Lecture" becomes book

His message is wonderfully sad, funny, wise and memorable -- sometimes all at once.


Randy Pausch, the 47-year-old professor dying of cancer, inspired millions on the Internet who watched his "last lecture." In September 2007, Pausch talked about achieving childhood dreams and living life with integrity and joy. He spoke to a roomful of colleagues and students at Carnegie Mellon University. At the end, he revealed the messages were really intended for his three children, aged 7 and under, who he would not be able to help his wife raise.


Pausch has inspired millions with his message. His "last lecture" is now a book.


Shortly after Pausch gave his "last lecture," I watched a video of it on the Washington Post Web site. His message is wonderfully sad, funny, wise and memorable -- sometimes all at once.


Pausch's example inspires me to write messages -- important messages, loving messages, things-I-want-to-say-before-I-die messages to my children. Some of what I blog is just that. If others listen now and then, that's good, too.


If you haven't done it already, I hope you watch the "last lecture." Then, live your childhood dreams and encourage others to live theirs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Still Waiting, by Ann Swindell

Worth. Being. Presence.

Nana Time: Helping out on a shopping day