Be Still

It helps to be still from time to time. We can become so busy trying to get things done that we forget why we are doing things or how we want to feel or how we want others to feel in the process of accomplishing goals.

The sermon this morning addressed this topic. Interesting.

I've been thinking about the whys and hows of what we do -- what I do -- this last week. I've been praying for God to give me wisdom and His Spirit as I do things. Some tasks have gone more smoothly this last week as a result.

It's great to get things done, but it is wonderful to be in harmony with others as we get things done ... or not.

We aren't on this planet to get a long list of action items done, necessarily. We ARE on this planet, I believe, to be like Jesus in the way we get things done or make others feel while we work together.

I forget sometimes. It is good to be still and remember. That's what a Sabbath time of being still can give us -- breathing room in the busyness of life to see what is really important. A Sabbath rest can refresh us to begin again with cleansed attitudes, motives and energy to do the tasks we believe God wants us to do in Love's time and Wisdom's way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Still Waiting, by Ann Swindell

Worth. Being. Presence.

Nana Time: Helping out on a shopping day