Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World by Joanna Weaver

Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World: Finding Intimacy with God in the Busyness of Life by Joanna Weaver, Waterbrook Press 2000.

Thought-provoking thoughts abound in this beautifully written book by Joanna Weaver, an author, pastor's wife and mother of two. Reading this book reminds me to slow down and soak in God's love and truth. Some days I hop into the whirl of activities without that cleansing peaceful time. Other days, I catch up in the evening with quiet time and a willing-to-be-quiet heart.

One night, I found myself getting tired and crabby. I sent myself to my room and settled in with another chapter from this book. Excellent remedy to send me to God's Word for cleansing and a realigned perspective.

How about you? What reminds you to seek God's quiet amid life's busyness?

Comments

  1. I do feel as if I'm in a Martha world way too often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The world just seems to get busier and busier. Sometimes I wonder where the "Off" button is and am grateful to find something like it during quiet times with the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Please comment. If you can't publish a comment, you may need to enable popups for your browser.

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Still Waiting, by Ann Swindell

Worth. Being. Presence.

Nana Time: Helping out on a shopping day