Let's get real: Life hurts

Sometimes life hurts. That's what I'm thinking about today, this week. You're welcome to join me in the discussion.

I have some thoughts on the subject. I bet you do too. You can agree with me or not. That's okay. I want to listen to you. I hope you listen to me. We may learn something from this sharing.

No holds barred. Let's have at it. I like honesty. Let's be honest. 

The Scriptures say, "You will know the truth and the truth will set you free." I believe truth can hurt. I also believe we can become freer people by exposing ourselves to Truth -- our truth, another's truth, God's truth.

Let's not be afraid of speaking or hearing truth as we know it. But, let's be respectful of one another while we share...

This is Holy Week for Christians. Good Friday is coming up soon. I'd like to start this discussion with something worth talking about.... the problem of pain. Is it a problem? Is God good? Is God loving? What kind of Father in heaven would let his children get hurt? What kind of God would give people free choice and allow them to hurt one another? Those are some of the questions I want to get real about. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Still Waiting, by Ann Swindell

Worth. Being. Presence.

Nana Time: Helping out on a shopping day