The problem of pain

I find it hard to understand how a good and loving God can allow pain in this world. I've read books on the issue that have offered insights and perspectives, some I agree with, some I don't. Titles that come to mind are The Problem of Pain, by C. S. Lewis, and How Can Bad Things Happen to Good People, by Harold Kushner.

Some of the questions explored in the books included: If God is good, how can he be loving to allow pain in this world? Or if God is loving, how can he be good to allow pain in this world? Each author came to his own conclusion.

Each of us may have formed an opinion on the subject.

For a thinking person of faith, I think the existence of pain in this world is a HUGE problem.  


What do you think?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Still Waiting, by Ann Swindell

Worth. Being. Presence.

Nana Time: Helping out on a shopping day