A gift beyond ordinary

Hand painted cover by Kristine Kriszick
Letters in our mailbox usually come in plain envelopes. But, last week, an online stamp buddy in San Diego sent me a hand-painted cover.

I'm not the only lucky recipient of Kristine's gift for creating unexpected beauty. Kristine regularly decorates envelopes she mails to friends and stamp collectors around the world. You can see more of her creative work on this stamp collecting website.

When I opened our mailbox last week and saw the extraordinary cover Kristine painted, I heard sea gulls and felt a hint of salt spray. Maybe it was my imagination. At any rate, the sweet-faced otter Kristine painted brought back memories of Marineland visits and days spent on the California shores of my childhood, of foaming waves, barking seals, delicate shells and hot sands.

Most mail we receive doesn't remind me of seashells, water critters and coastal shores. Kristine's remarkable cover shared beauty that transformed something ordinary into something beautiful. So, I wanted to share this with you.

How about you? Do you have a story of something ordinary transformed into beauty? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Still Waiting, by Ann Swindell

Worth. Being. Presence.

Nana Time: Helping out on a shopping day